Cryotherapy is a very concentrated localized cold treatment that is as effective and more comfortable than the traditional ice bath.
One of the largest benefits of Cryotherapy is that it can reduce inflammation across the body. Cryotherapy, in its natural cooling, can trigger a response which lowers inflammation and reduces irritation.
Clients can experience relief from the following ailments caused by inflammation:
- Fibromyalgia (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Osteoarthritis (Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Osteoporosis (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Phantom Pain (Chronic Pain Syndrome)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (Inflammation of the Spine)
- Central Nervous System Disease
- Degenerative Disease of Joints & Spine
- Inflammation of Tendons, Bursa, Joint Capsules
The cool effects reduce skin temperature causing a reaction that eventually drops core temperature and releases endorphins into the body, which can block pain kind of like anesthesia. Endorphins help decrease feelings of depression and mood swings.
Many athletes use cryotherapy to boost their performance. Cryotherapy can be used to recover from injury or fatigue. Through vasodilation, blood flow is increased without damaging muscles. Cryotherapy reduces delayed onset muscle soreness(DOMS), allows for immediate post-therapy sports activity, and allows for a more intense and higher volume training.
Increases the Immune System:
Cryotherapy increases blood circulation, boosts the effectiveness of cellular functions, removes toxins more efficiently, and increases white blood cell count.
Body converts food into energy, burning more calories. Just one session can burn between 500-800 calories. After each session the body utilizes energy to raise core temperature causing it to expend calories.
Just like an antidepressant, cryotherapy can naturally boost happiness levels. This can cause the body to perceive less pain and cortisol levels become lower.
Cryotherapy can fight the signs of aging to include wrinkly skin, hair loss, and baggy eyes. As collagen increases, you will experience bright and youthful skin. Frequent treatments can increase elasticity and resilience of the skin.
Improves General Well Being:
Cryotherapy is a holistic treatment that improves the body and the mind. Because everything in the human body is linked to each other, a chain reaction of positive effects throughout our internal framework can occur.
*liability form is required prior to each cryotherapy session
BENEFITS OF NORMATEC COMPRESSION
Unlike other compression strategies, NormaTec delivers precisely calibrated and software-controlled treatment for conditions such as venous insufficiency, lymphedema, prevention of deep vein thrombosis. NormaTec uses a dynamic compression pattern to disengorge tissue and improve circulation.
Three critical concepts, borrowed from normal physiology, all contribute to the effectiveness:
1. Pulsing compression simulates the “muscle pump” of limb
2. Gradient directionality of flow occurring in the venous and lymphatic one-way valves
3. Effective movement of fluids as seen in peristalsis
- Decreases muscle recovery time.
- Reduces soreness.
- Decreases muscle tension and inflammation.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion.
- Reduces swelling and water accumulation.
- Increases blood flow and circulation.
BENEFITS OF OXYGEN
- BOOSTS ENERGY
- PROVIDES CLARITY OF MIND
- RELIEVES MUSCULAR TENSION
- FIGHTS CLUSTER/MIGRAINE HEADACHES
- HELPS BETTER SLEEP
- PROVIDES STRESS RELIEF
- GREAT REMEDY FOR HANGOVER, JET LAG, AND MORE
- INCREASES METABOLISM
- INCREASES MENTAL ALERTNESS AND OVERALL FEELING OF WELLNESS
- HEIGHTENS CONCENTRATION, MEMORY, AND ALERTNESS
- DETOXIFIES THE BODY’S BLOOD CELLS
- PROVIDES FAST RELIEF FOR MINOR ACHES AND PAINS